Monday, October 20, 2008

unsettling week

So I had been thinking about how lucky I was to have such a great street, full of generally nice people. The house that was foreclosed on down the street had been purchased and the new neighbors on the other side of our house seemed nice too. Things were going well. THEN...I found out a guy across the street and a few doors down is on the Megan's Law Page and that was creepy. So I went to tell my favorite neighbor, the one who lives next door to me and(this is the really short version) found out they had lost their home to foreclosure. She was too embarrassed to tell me. They had gotten a bad loan about 8 months ago and the bank wouldn't work with them to get a new loand(it went up 3%). I mean, this is a family where the husband has a good job and they are super nice. Bummer for me, the neighborhood, and our wonderful neighbors. The kids and I will miss their cats and holiday decorations.

1 comment:

Randee said...

That's too bad. I had a scary neighborhood when I lived in Alabama too. It will all work out though.