Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bekah turned 6



and since then she's been zipping around on her birthday skates. Really, it was a great birthday. First, she wanted me to make her a stack of pancakes with a lollipop on top and frosting. We started this tradition when I saw the IHOP version on TV. Much cheaper and easy to make right at home


As I was saying, Bekah got the skates she was dreaming of and the new Barbie Movie(The Diamond Castle). She also got the Barbie dolls from the new movie. I think she really wanted the movie. She only mentioned it at every store we stopped at! Nana gave Bekah the Cinderella dress from Build-A-Bear for "Magic" the Bunny and Ross gave her the glass slippers. Bekah then pointed out that she suspected they were not really glass! Silly girl.

Jon took the day off and we spent her birthday(which was on a Friday) at John's Incredible Pizza Company. It's the 2nd time we've been there and I highly recommend it. Very fun and not too expensive if you do it right. Sarah and I rode the little rollar coaster together! Jon is very good at the games and helped score us a ton of tickets so everybody got a prize that they liked. Sam got a little alligator head on a stick and he's enjoyed chasing his sisters around ever since!
Oh, and more good news. I got a new work at home project with the company I contract with. I haven't started yet but hopefully this will be a good fit for our family. I am very grateful for the opportunity and excited to get started!

5 comments:

Randee said...

Happy Birthday Bekah! I hope she had a good one... she sure is adorable.

So... tell me more about this "work at home project" - I am curious. :)

Rebekah said...

I work for a company called working solutions. They have different projects. My first project was making hotel reservations but that ended so I applied for and got a position with a credit card company. I having trained yet but I think my main job is to persuade customers to keep their accounts open. I made around $600 to $800 a month working part time but I could have made more if I worked more. The really nice thing is that it is incoming calls and they pay you even when you are not on a call. You do need a quiet enviroment though. Oh, and you schedule in short time periods(my last position was 15 minute blocks) which is nice. The website is www.workingsol.com I think it's a really great company.

Megan said...

I can't wait till the kids start having input into what they want for presents - takes less work :). Do you have a good pancake recipe that taste like restaraunt pancakes? Mine never come out fluffy.

Jake and Louise McCrea said...

I'm so happy that you found a replacement for your previous job!!! I'll start looking for a stay-at-home job pretty soon. If you end up really liking it, let me know.
Happy Birthday Bekah!!! We Miss You!!!

Mandi said...

She is so beautiful! You all are! Tell her happy birthday from us!