Thursday, July 24, 2008

Growing up

Yesterday, I dropped Sarah off for her 2nd Activity Girls meeting and she told me that I could drop her off at the door and she would find her way to the meeting. Yikes. When she was 18 months old and I thought she was so big I was frustrated that she wouldn't go to nursery like the other kids. I was also worried because she was a late walker and talker. She hated being dropped off and we would have to battle it out many times. I just wanted her to be like the other kids and be happy, and maybe I needed a little break too. I remember dropping her off at preschool at age 3 and thinking being frustrated in the same way. Eventually, she did adjust to preschool and yesterday was Aactivity girls. She is 8 now and she really is growing up. I didn't think that would happen. To quote her exactly she said, "Mommy, you can just drop me". It was cute and I am glad she is feeling confidant with this group but I'm not ready to "drop her"(that's just the way she talks). I guess now I know, she is growing up.

1 comment:

Jake and Louise McCrea said...

I teach that age group and filled in for Activities Days for a while. It is such a fun age!!! I can't believe she's that old already but I'm excited for her. There's so many fun things to come!!!