Sunday, August 3, 2008

What people don't know

When they call me at my hotel reservation job is that I, along with all of my coworkers, have been dropped. We are contract workers so we are not really "laid off" Bummer, right? I guess it's the downturn in the economy combined with sending call center jobs overseas. It's too bad, I'll bet the company we contracted with will miss us. Our customers hate not speaking to someone they can understand or being ont he phone and having none of the friendly chit chat. Anyway, I am working and being professional.

1 comment:

Mrs. F said...

I can't stand talking to someone with whom I can barely understand when I am paying for their services. I like things easier than that. I am lazy.

Do you have other contract work lined up? I hope everything works out OK for you!