Saturday, August 16, 2008

We went camping, started school(homeschool) and now we are sick




So the camping was very fun. There were lots of cousins there. Jon got to stay for 2 days and 1 night and then had to go back to work and I stayed for 2 additional days and nights with the the kids. We had a blast with the rafts and picking blackberries. Sarah and Rebekah learned to play a card game called Scum. Sam made friends with the camp dogs and was dressed up like Snow White(one of his favorite princesses). All the kids enjoyed hanging out with Grandpa Jim, that girl(Grandma), and Auntie Karen.

Thursday was the first day of school and it went well. Friday was our first "Friday fun day". We had a picture scavenger hunt to find things that tell time which everyone seemed to enjoy and even Sam got to take a picture. Then it was time to start our copy work. I had a fun poem called "My Daddy is Extremely Tall". Sarah got right into it but Bekah started complaining she was sick, Bekah complains a lot so I told her she could do her work or go to bed. She thought about it and chose going to bed. I still wasn't she if she was really sick...until she threw up and then I threw up and finally Sarah threw up. We spent the rest of the day miserable and waiting for Daddy to come home and save us. Sam told us he was Daddy and for the rest of the day whenever I would call him he would quickly appear and say "Here I am, Mommy". So cute! The kids stayed up late with Jon. Isn't he wonderful? I went to bed early, even foregoing the end of one of my favorite television shows, "Psych", because I felt so bad. I feel tons better now though. Hopefully the kids are on the mend too.

3 comments:

Randee said...

Looks like you had fun. I hope you have a great school year, and you start feeling better soon.

Megan said...

I hate the stomach flu and its especially hard when you are sick as well as the kids. We all have colds again but its a minor inconvinience compared to the stomach flu.

The Fishers said...

Oh, my gosh!!! I was just blog-hopping and I came across your blog. I was randomly checking out your friends' blogs and came across mine!!! What, you never commented to let me know you are out there!!! That's okay. I then had to quickly find a picture to figure out which Mcallister you were, I know you as a Bonjanni (sorry, I know I killed the spelling) I am glad to see that everything is well with you and you are over your sickness. My eldest was just sick this past weekend. Not fun!!!