Monday, March 23, 2009

I had a great opportunity to visit my brother and his family in Hawaii, just me and my mom. My sweet husband Jon insisted I take it while he spent a week of his vacation time watching our little ones while I vacationed in Hawaii. We had a great time! Here are just a few select pictures of all the things we did!


Here I am swimming in the pond where Kate finds the case. This is the botanical garden where we actually saw them filming Lost later that day. Jack, Locke, Sayid, and Kate all waved or sayed "hi" to us during the afternooon. We were in 7th heaven. Then we got an even better treat! Just Mom and I were standing on a path near the road in and out. Suddenly, a little white SUV stops and a girl jumps out and runs down the path to where we are standing...It's Kate(Evageline Lilly)! She noticed us standing around all afternoon and wanted to stop by. She asked our names, shook our hands, and even asked us if we were having a good time. She was the sweetest! Then she thanked us for coming and ran up the path again(in clogs), slipping in a bit of mud and had to grab onto her car to keep from falling down. We could tell she is good natured because of the way she laughed when she slipped. We were a little star struck that day!
Here is my brother Roland at Matsumoto's. The shaved ice was really good there!
This is Mom and I looking for rescue planes at the Lost crash site!My sister-in-law Joi and I at Byodo-In Buddist temple featured in lost.
It was the trip of a lifetime. I never thought I'd be able to do something so awesome with just my mom and I . Of course one of the best parts was to be able to see my newest nephew Liam while he was still only 7 weeks old. He is a joy to be around. Thanks so much Roland and Joi for having us and especially for being such great tour guides!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What fun an actual vacation instead of just a trip (travel with kids).

Mrs. F said...

Sounds like a good time. I am so jealous. I want to go on vacation without my family (at the risk of sounding selfish). I can't believe how nice the girl from Lost was. That is soooo cool!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a blast! I know Mom loved it too!