Monday, March 16, 2009

Sweet little Sam

My 3 year old son Sam loves his treats. He also loves sneaking into our bed in the middle of the night. We have a queen sized bed and he takes up a lot of room. Of course, only if you have had a kid sneak into your bed do you realize exactly how much room a small child takes up. Probably more than an adult I'd say. It's cute and sweet but it's been going on too long. So...my husband Jon came up with a deal. If Sam stays in bed he can have 3 mini marshmallows in the morning. Last night when Sam tried to sneak into our bed, I reminded him about the treat he would miss out on by sleeping in our bed. I guess he had his priorities in order because he left our room, got back in bed, and cried himself to sleep!

PS I'm hoping this combined with his staying in nursery yesterday and a few other things is a sign that he is getting over his "I'm a baby"and you need to baby me phase! That has been exhausting!

2 comments:

Megan said...

My parents started locking their bedroom door to keep my brother out. Jack would just knock till we'd let him in. He doesn't want to sleep in our bed hes just awake at weird hours wanting company.

I hope the marshmellos continue to work for you.

Vinnie said...

That would be so nice if Sam was growing out of that phase! I hope things continue to go well!